We’re seeking a full-time, in-house web developer who exhibits strong attention to detail and thrives in a dynamic environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and enjoys working with a small, wildly talented development team to create meaningful digital experiences for our clients here at Posture.
You’re A Fit If…
- You embrace change and are eager to learn and grow.
- You are organized and a good manager of time.
- You think and act creatively to solve problems.
- You are a good communicator and collaborator.
- You are willing to go the extra mile.
What You’ll Be Doing…
Activities primarily focus on building, customizing and supporting digital initiatives (responsive, desktop, tablet and mobile) as well as providing CMS customization and support within our development team. As a web developer with a PHP focus, responsibilities encompass supporting the full development project life cycle, including:
- Setup & Configuration (e.g. DNS, SSL, Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, LAMP stack server environment)
- Customization & Integration Assistance (e.g. APIs, payment gateways, custom code solutions)
- Optimization & Compliance (e.g. quality control, versioning, staging, performance, security, ADA Compliance)
- Database Administration (e.g. data imports/exports/synchronization, creating and automating backups).
You Must Have…
- Knowledge of popular CSS preprocessors (e.g. Sass, LESS) and frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation).
- Been involved in the development of responsive websites.
- A track record of writing code that is clean, understandable and cross-browser compatible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with at least one of the following systems: WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Shopify or CakePHP (and the work to back it up).
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- An appreciation for the interplay of design and development (including responsive design principles).
- Highly motivated to grow and learn.
It Would Be Nice If You Have…
- Some familiarity in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Prior exposure to API methods, protocols, integration and support.
- The ability to work with and advise use of device detection, cookies, sessions and CRON jobs.
- Experience with Node.js
- Professional certifications and/or educational degrees.
- Small team in an entrepreneurial environment (be heard and have an impact).
- Casual attire, laid-back atmosphere, always free coffee & beer!
- Employee Benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Scheduling flexibility and remote working opportunities, if needed.